If your wallet isn't showing your balance information or other data correctly, we're sorry for the inconvenience but there's no cause for concern. It will be a data syncing issue affecting the app interface only, not the actual state of your assets on the blockchain. Your assets will be unaffected and secure.
Here's how to verify your assets are safe and how you can resolve the issue. Please do NOT uninstall and recover your wallet before trying these steps.
Scenarios where data may not be syncing correctly
- A transaction shows 'In progress' for too long.
- A transaction completed, but your wallet is not showing new assets.
- Token appears as Unnamed
- Tokens are not showing their price or other details.
How to verify your assets are safe
If the app is temporarily not showing the correct information, you can go to the source of truth: the blockchain. This will show the real state of your wallet's assets.
1) Verify your wallet's balance.
To verify your wallet's balance, you can use any of the following tools from other companies:
To check the balance on these sources, you only need your Argent wallet address. You can find this in the Profile tab of the app.
2) Sync your wallet with the blockchain
Here's how to sync the data between your wallet and the blockchain:
- In Argent go to > Profile tab > App settings (if you are on iOS) > Refresh data.
- Leave the wallet open for 10-15 minutes for the synchronization to complete fully.
If the steps above don't help, before attempting to reinstall the app or recover the wallet, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - this might help you save time and avoid a 36 hour wait for the recovery to finish.