What are guardians?
Guardians are people and devices you choose to help keep your wallet even more secure.
Guardians NEVER have access to your cryptocurrency.
You can ask them to help you:
- Lock your wallet
- Approve a wallet recovery
- Approve an untrusted transaction
Types of guardian
- A hardware wallet or other device (e.g. another phone) that you own yourself.
- A person you’ve selected because you trust them (e.g. a friend or family member).
- A third party service. An example is the default Argent guardian, which uses 2-factor authentication.
How many guardians do I need to perform an action?
You can find out more about the approvals needed here.