What are Guardians?
Guardians are people and devices you choose to help keep your wallet even more secure.
Guardians NEVER have access to your cryptocurrency.
You can ask them to help you:
- Lock your wallet
- Approve a wallet recovery
- Approve a transfer that exceeds your daily limit
Types of Guardian
- A hardware wallet or other device (e.g. another phone) that you own yourself.
- A person you’ve selected because you trust them (e.g. a friend or family member).
- A third party service. An example is our Argent Guard, which uses 2-factor authentication.
How many Guardians do I need to perform an action?
To approve or cancel a recovery you need a majority out of you AND your Guardians.
To approve a large transfer you need you PLUS a majority of your Guardians.
What does this look like in practice?
For example if you had two Guardians, you'd need:
- For a recovery approval or cancellation: Either two Guardians, or you and one Guardian.
- For a large transfer approval: yourself and one Guardian.