To make crypto more accessible we try to cover as much of the costs as possible. So, here's a rough overview of how it breaks down:
- Downloading and signing up to Argent.
- Sending crypto to another address.
- Using the in-app Invest integrations of Maker, PoolTogether and Compound to earn interest.
What do I pay for?
- If you exchange fiat to crypto, or crypto to crypto, you'll pay a fee to the third party provider that enables that service. We usually take a small cut of that.
- If you use WalletConnect you'll pay the transaction fees involved ("gas", as it's technically known).
- If you use Aave, TokenSets and Uniswap V2 integrations you will pay the transaction fees (gas).
How is this sustainable?
As mentioned above, we do take small fees for facilitating some actions. We're also well funded by world leading venture capital firms.
In future we'll explore additional revenue opportunities - without ever sacrificing our commitment to making crypto accessible to everyone.