You can use CLI tool if
- You have lost your seed phrase, but still have a private key
- Recovering a wallet with your seed phrase works, but you don't see an old account in the extension
CLI tool will not allow you to recover the old wallet, but it will allow you to recover assets from it.
How to use CLI tool
2. Download the file fitting your operation system.
3. If you are using Chrome or Chrome-based browser you will be warned that the file is not safe and
download might not start, to proceed, click on the arrow next to the download and Keep
For MacOS users only:
- Open the file location of your CLI file.
- Open Terminal app.
- Type chmod +x
- Hit space button
- Drag and drop the file into the terminal window
- Hit enter - you will see the CLI tool icon has changed
4. Open the CLI file, you will see the selection of the network - Testnet or Mainnet.
5. Use up and down arrow buttons to navigate between the networks, when the correct network is
selected, press Enter
6. Using arrows select Private key or Seed - whichever you are going to use - and press Enter
7. Copy your seed/key from where you stored it and right-click in CLI window to paste it, then press
8. CLI will tell you how many wallets it found, if it found 0 wallets, enter your wallet address manually.
9. Press N and hit Enter if your wallet is in the results and Y and enter to enter the wallet address if you run CLI previously and didn't see the address in the results.
10. Press Enter when you see the returned results
11. You will see your Argent X wallet balances, select the one you want to use and press Enter to transfer all tokens to a new address
IMPORTANT: You need to have access to the address you want to transfer to and it is active and non-deprecated. We recommend you transfer the assets to an address that is already deployed on-chain.
12. Copy the address to transfer tokens to, right-click in the CLI window to paste it and press Enter.
13. Wait for the process to complete – it might take time for the transaction to go through. You can
close the window when you see Process completed message.
1. The CLI tool closes if you:
- Don't have enough assets to transfer and cover network fee for the transfer (less than $0.1)
- Have imported your seed previously into a third-party software that changed your wallet contract
In both these cases CLI tool will not help recover the assets.
2. The CLI tool gives error: Fixing oldHashAlgo
You will need to wait till the CLI finishes automatically fixing issues with the wallet, then restart it.
If you see other issues, please email us to email@example.com so that we could look into it.