You can ask a guardian to lock your wallet. The wallet can’t then make transactions. This is useful in case your phone is lost or stolen and you want to protect it beyond the phone-layer security.
When a guardian locks a wallet, a 5-day security period starts. This gives you time to get a new phone and recover your wallet. (Locking doesn’t prevent recovery, for precisely this reason).
Any guardian can unlock a wallet, including the one that originally locked it. The exception is default Argent guardian - if you only have this guardian, the wallet will automatically unlock in 5 days.
For an even more in-depth understanding of our security model, read our blog post here.
A locked wallet cannot:
- Add a guardian (though you can remove a guardian by interacting with smart contracts)
- Locking your wallet starts a five day security period
- You can unlock it at any time by using a hardware wallet or friend/family guardian
How to lock your wallet
- Use a guardian to lock your wallet
- A guardian can be a person or a device