This article helps you to deploy your Vault on the Ethereum blockchain if, for some unlikely reason, Argent is unable to.
What is the Vault Deployment Code?
The Vault Deployment Code is technical data that allows you to deploy your Argent Vault on the Ethereum blockchain for the purpose of interacting with your smart contract wallet (to make transfers, interact with Dapps and change your security).
Usually, we do this for you, so you don't have to worry about the technicalities of the blockchain. However, if we were abducted by aliens or our infrastructure providers had an issue, we want you to be able to access your funds if your Vault hasn't been deployed yet.
Where can I find the information?
When you signed up to Argent you received a welcome email from Itamar, our CEO. At the bottom of the email you can find the information you need. It's under the (unimaginative) header: "Vault Deployment Code".
If you can no longer find the email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I use it?
- Go to your welcome email from Argent and copy the 'Wallet Factory' contract address. (It starts with 0x).
- Open Etherscan and paste the Wallet Factory address in Etherscan's search bar.
- Go to the "Contract" tab and "Write Contract".
- "Connect to Web3" using MetaMask or another provider (you will need funds on an Ethereum account to pay for the network fee, 'gas').
- Expand the "createCounterfactualWallet" function, and copy and paste all the data from your Vault Deployment Code. "Write" and make the transaction. Wait for it to be mined. After this your Argent Vault has been deployed.