If you've seen a popup informing you that there's network congestion, it means that the Ethereum network is extremely busy.
This can have two main impacts:
- Some transactions may fail - for both Argent users and everyone else on the network.
- Network fees (gas) will be very high due to the high demand.
What can you do?
- Please pay attention to what the transaction fee will be.
- Consider waiting for congestion to decrease before making your trade.
What are we doing to help?
- Warning you when the network is busy.
- Clearly labelling transaction fees.
- Automatically picking gas prices based on network conditions to give your transaction the best chance of succeeding.
- Researching solutions for more scalable Ethereum infrastructure.