You can send assets from Argent to your Ledger wallet if this Ledger wallet is also your guardian. However the process differs a bit from a usual transaction, the following guide is aimed to help with it.
As a quick background, a Ledger has multiple addresses and its primary address is NOT the one Argent uses as your guardian. We purposely use a different address, and one unlikely to be used for anything else, as it provides better privacy.
What Ledger address does Argent use as a guardian?
We use Ledger address #47.
I sent assets to my Ledger guardian but I now can't find them in my Ledger
If you can't see your assets in Ledger it may be because you're looking at a default address in Ledger, and not address 47.
To check if your assets are under address 47 in your Ledger:
1. Go to https://v5.myetherwallet.com/access-my-wallet using Firefox browser (Chrome and Brave browsers reportedly have issues with hardware wallets connections)
2. Click Hardware
3. Click Ledger > Continue
4. Click on a small arrow next to Ethereum
5. Click on Custom Paths
6. Click on the drop-down > Add custom paths
7. Enter name and derivation path m/44'/60'/0'/0 > Add Custom Path
8. You will be prompted to connect your Ledger (via pin or biometrics, depending on your system)
9. You will see a list of addresses. Click 9 times on Next. 3rd address from the top will be your Ledger’s address #47 which will match your guardian address:
10. Click on it, accept the terms and click Access my wallet
11. You will see your ETH or ERC-20 token balance next.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help.