Your new Argent Vault needs to be activated before it can be used for most Ethereum transactions. To activate it, you will need to do the following:
- Open Argent app, go to account switcher (ETH or zksync button in the top-left corner)
- Tap Ethereum, go through the onboarding screens and tap Deposit to get started (if it's the first time you access Argent Vault)
- Go to Assets tab and tap Receive.
- You will see the activation fee warning when you first open the Receive menu. By tapping Deposit you agree to the amount of the fee (it changes every 15 minutes according to gas prices. Once you agree to the activation fee, as soon as your wallet has sufficient amount of funds, it will be activated automatically.
Paying network fees for wallet activation
If you have downloaded Argent since February 2021 (and if you downloaded before this but never activated your wallet) you will need to pay for the network fees required to activate your wallet. This fee will come from your first deposit. You can read more about this here.
How long does it take to activate?
There will be a short wait for your wallet to activate as it requires a blockchain transaction to complete. It may be just a few minutes, but at times of high network congestion this may rise to an hour or so. We're sorry if that's the case but unfortunately there's nothing we can do.
- Address to send to: If sending crypto from another Argent wallet, you can use your Argent username (e.g. cameron.argent.xyz), in addition to the 0x version of your address.
- Tokens: The fee needs to be paid in one token only. You can pay in ETH, DAI, USDC, or USDT. The full fee needs to be paid in one type of currency, you can't combine for example 10 DAI and 10 USDT to pay the network fee.
Activation fee consent
Argent wallet has an address on Ethereum mainnet since the moment you create it. Unless the address is a deployed smart contract (which happens upon activation only), there is no way to prevent any incoming transaction to it. It means we can't stop you from sending wrong asset to your wallet or wrong amount.
Signing the activation fee popup (tapping Deposit) means you agree to the activation fee. Without signing this popup Argent will not automatically activate.
You can only send assets out of Argent Vault when its smart contract is deployed, since using Argent Vault requires all the security features to be in action, which is only possible with the smart contract.
Need any assistance?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org