When you download Argent you choose a free username (e.g. cameron.argent.xyz). This username needs a blockchain event to activate. To activate it, you can do any of the following:
- Buy crypto -> Open Argent, tap 'Add funds'
- Receive crypto from another wallet/exchange -> Open Argent, tap 'Add funds'
- Change your daily limit -> Open Argent, tap 'Security' and then 'Daily transfer limit'
- Add another Guardian -> Open Argent, tap 'Security' and then 'Guardians'
Don’t worry if your username doesn’t activate immediately after one of these events, sometimes it can take a little bit for the blockchain to process.
Re. point 2: How can you receive crypto before the name activates?
To receive crypto from another wallet/exchange:
- Open Argent
- 'Add funds'
- Long press on the traditional Ethereum address below your username (it will start '0x...')
- Copy this long address and use it with the other wallet/exchange.
The 0x address is just another version of your username.
Note on sending from another Argent wallet
If sending crypto from another Argent wallet, you can immediately use the username (e.g. cameron.argent.xyz)