You can make a transaction to any Ethereum address from Argent. You can see if a transaction was successful or not by checking in your Argent app. There will be a 'Failed' message next to it if it failed.
If you've successfully made a transaction but the recipient can't see it, it may be because the receiving address is an older Ethereum wallet or exchange. If this happens, please contact the receiving wallet or exchange and ask them to display transactions from smart contract wallets. These are known as "internal transactions". The other wallet or exchange will have access to the assets, they just need to modernize their systems.
The safest way to send to a particular exchange for the first time is to make a test transaction with a small amount of assets. If that works well you can send more.
If you need any help please email email@example.com.
Which exchanges have there been issues with?
- Huobi - as of Oct. 2019
- Bhex - as of Oct. 2019
- Bybit - as of Nov. 2019
- Uphold - as of Nov. 2019
- Zeux - as of Dec. 2019
- Crypto.com - as of Dec. 2019
In case of interest, another way to check if your transaction succeeded is to use Etherscan. This is a third party company that scans blockchain activity. You can use it as follows:
- Find the transaction in Argent by going to 'Identity' and then 'Activity'
- Tap on the relevant transaction
- Tap and hold the address (beginning 0x...) next to 'Txn'
- Tap Etherscan
- In Overview, check the Status displays "Success"
- For more details, choose the second tab, 'Internal transactions'