An important advantage of Argent being a non-custodial wallet is that you always control your assets - in any scenario.
This even includes the extremely unlikely event that Argent as a company was to cease functioning. If this happened you'd still be able to move your assets to the Ethereum wallet of your choice. This means you've got peace of mind whatever happens.
Here's a step by step guide to how to move your assets out of Argent using the Argent app and another Ethereum wallet. In this example we will use MetaMask and MyEtherWallet. It also shows a transfer to an address you've already designated in Argent as a "trusted contact". This means your daily limit doesn't apply. To move your assets to a new address, please find instructions at the end of this article.
This functionality is live on iOS and coming to Android soon.
You can watch a video of the guide here, or please read on.
Install MetaMask if you don't have it already: https://metamask.io/
Then, open Argent and follow the steps below:
Moving your assets to a new address
To not be restricted by your daily limit you will need to trust the address you’re moving your assets to. This takes 24 hours.
- Open Argent.
- Tap ‘Contacts’, then either select an existing Contact or add a new one.
- Press and hold (for 5 seconds) the ‘Trust’ button, and Transaction Data will appear.
- Follow the steps above from 'Open the wallet of your choice' until 'Click confirm'
- Wait 24 hours for the trusted contact to be added
- Follow the steps from the top of this page, 'Choose asset'