If you have access to your Argent X Starknet mainnet account that is marked as deprecated or have its private key, it might be possible to upgrade it to the latest version of the smart contract.
How to upgrade the wallet using Bun toolkit
1. If you have no private key but have access to the deprecated account in Argent X, please save the private key:
3. Click on Code button > Download ZIP:
4. Unzip the archive in a separate folder: right-click the archive and Extract:
5. Install Bun (https://bun.sh/docs/installation)
Press Win+R > cmd.exe > Enter.
In command line paste (you can paste via right-click):
powershell -c "irm bun.sh/install.ps1|iex"
Hit Enter and wait till installation completes
6. Restart your command prompt once.
7. Navigate to the unzipped folder (the directory where you have the package.json installed)
Copy path to this folder:
In command line type:
and hit Enter
9. Enter the following command:
then hit Enter
10. Create an .env file and fill in your deprecated wallet address and private key. Make sure to save the name as .env and the type as All files so that the file is .env and not .txt:
(Do not reuse the example file as it will not work, the file you create needs to be a new .env file)
11. In command line/Terminal run the following command:
bun run upgrade
Wait till it completes.
12. Your account is now on contract 0.2.3 - the version that can and needs to be upgraded from within your Argent X wallet. Click on Upgrade to Cairo 1 in your Argent X wallet and proceed with the upgrade. (You might need to wait till the previous upgrade transaction completes and restart your browser)
13. Once the upgrade is done and you can use your Argent X account, please delete the .env file you created.
Why do I have to do all this??
This script allows you to proceed with the upgrade without your account private key pasted in an unsafe environment, this way your account private key never leaves your device.
We are also working on a more user-friendly solution.