When using Argent Mobile - Starknet wallet to send a transaction on Starknet, in some cases you’ll see this verified badge.
This means the transaction interacts with a set of smart contracts that are considered the official smart contracts from that dapp. This way, you’re assured to be interacting with the real version of the dapp, and not a fake one.
As part of the verification process for a dapp’s contracts, the Argent team will:
- Request a communication channel from the dapp founders or lead developers
- Request contract addresses and brief description of the functionality
- Verify contracts are open source and the code is verified publicly on a block explorer (Starkscan/Voyager)
- Verify contracts have been deployed for at least 1 month
- Verify the described functionality matches actual behaviour from manual test
Note that if you see this badge, it only means that you’re interacting with the official smart contracts of the project or dapp, not that the internal mechanism of that dapp has been audited and it’s completely secure to use.